Frequently Asked Questions

Water, Sewage and Electric Service


How do I set up utility services? 

  • You must complete and submit a utility application (found on our Forms page). If the application is printed and completed outside of the City Office it must be notarized.


Can I make a payment online on the City of Wamego website?

  • Yes, look for the red box on the home page. Payments can be also be paid by phone at 877-885-7968 or by check (mailed or deposited in the dropbox on the north side of City Hall), direct debit, cash or card payments in the office (2.75% fee). Payments are always accepted in the office Monday thru Friday from 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. (excluding City observed holidays). 
  • The direct debit authorization form can be found on our Forms page.


What will happen if I am late on payment?

  • A ten (10) percent penalty is processed at the close of business on the 16th of each month. Disconnection for non-payment of utilities is the 1st business day of each month, unless otherwise noted.


Who can I contact with questions relating to water, sewage or electric service emergencies?

  • Contact the City during business hours. After business hours, please contact the Wamego Police Department at their administrative telephone number: (785) 456-9553.


Contact the City with billing questions and/or to cancel service.


CALL: (785) 456-9119

430 Lincoln Avenue PO Box 86
Wamego, KS 66547

© 2021 City of Wamego. All Rights Reserved. · Privacy Policy
Design and Development by Imagemakers

Back to Mobile Site