Licenses & Permits

Building or Construction Permit

General Permit Information or Contact the City


Cereal Malt Beverage (CMB) License

To obtain a Cereal Malt Beverage (CMB) License from the City of Wamego, an application can be found on the Kansas Department of Revenue website.


The application should be returned to the City Office and must be approved by the City Commission.  A license will be given after the Commission has approved it and an inspection by the Police Chief and Fire Chief is complete. 


Contractors License

To be a licensed contractor in the City of Wamego the following steps must be completed.

  • Complete a contractors license application
  • provide a certificate of liability insurance in the amount of $1,000,000
  • Plumbing and Electric contractors must provide proof of continuing education


Drivers License

Visit the Kansas County Treasurer's Association website for information relating to obtaining a drivers license.


Liquor License

The State of Kansas must issue a Liquor License.  Then, to obtain a Liquor License from the City of Wamego, you must provide a copy of your state license. 

For more information about a state liquor license, please go to the website for the Kansas Department of Revenue.


Pet License

Visit our Pets page to view pet licensing information.


Vehicle License

Visit the Pottawatomie County website for information relating to licensing your vehicle.

Special Use Vehicle Permit Application (Golf Cart)




CALL: (785) 456-9119

430 Lincoln Avenue PO Box 86
Wamego, KS 66547

© 2023 City of Wamego. All Rights Reserved. · Privacy Policy
Design and Development by Imagemakers

Back to Mobile Site