The Wamego Recreation Department includes an outdoor City Pool that is open to community residents and their families, located at 500 Ash Street.
Contact the Pool
- Phone Number: (785) 456-2755
- Manager: Kate Gronquist
- Assistant Manager: Daniel Hougland
- Swimming Lessons Coordinator: Ali Rincon
THE POOL IS CLOSED FOR THE SEASON.
Follow Wamego City Pool on Facebook!
Visit our Pool Reservation page for more information.
Individual Passes: $55 per person
Family Passes (5 people in the same household): $150
Adult Electronic Punch Card: $30 (10 admissions)
Child Electronic Punch Card: $20 (10 admissions)
Daily Pool Admission Fee: $2 per child (2 yrs and older); $3/adult
All persons entering the pool must pay the admittance fee (2 years and younger are free)
- 45 minute lessons Monday thru Thursday
- $30.00 for ALL Levels
- Pre-K: 3-4 years old
- Level 1-Level 6: 5 years and older
A child may not participate in public lessons that occur during the same time span of a private lesson.
- Pre-K thru Level 6: 2 private lessons per season
- 3 year olds ONLY: 1 private lesson per season
- Private lessons are held Monday thru Thursday. Each session is 30 minutes.
- Fee: $40.00 per session
Water Aerobics & Lap Swim
- Lap Swim Fee: $20 per person / Daily Lap Swim Admission: $2 per day
- Water Aerobics Fee: $65 per person / Daily Water Exercise Admission: $5
- Additional fees apply for all other programs and public swim. Water Aerobics & Lap Swim will be cancelled if pool is closed due to inclement weather, holiday and swim meets.
Lil Tykes Swim Clinic:
The clinic will be Saturday Mornings. Each clinic will consist of four, 30 minute sessions. Games and activities will be used to introduce water and swimming skills. We will focus on: getting in the water, moving comfortably through the water, bubbles, going under, floating, deep water exploration, and water safety.
- Registrations will be taken until class is full.
- Age: 3 to 5 year olds
- Fee: $15 per session
Parent Tot Swim Clinic:
Help your tot learn to swim while in the comfort of your arms! This class will increase children’s comfort in the water and build a foundation of basic aquatic and water safety skills.
- Registrations will be taken until Clinics are full. Must complete a registration form for each child.
- Limited to participating/enroll in one session.
- Parent/Guardian is required to swim with their child. At least one adult must accompany each registered child.
- Age: 6 months – 3 years old
- Fee: $20
- Registration Limit: One Clinic per season
Wamego City Pool Rules
- NO RUNNING
- Running and rough play is not allowed
- No back dives, flips, etc. are allowed off side of pool
- All swimmers are required to shower before entering the pool
- Children under the age of 8 must be accompanied by someone over the age of 14
- Food and beverages must stay in concession area
- Paper and cloth diapers are prohibited in the pool; swim diapers must be worn
- Smoking, use of tobacco, and alcohol is prohibited
- Street shoes are not allowed on pool deck area
- Proper swim attire must be worm
- Water guns, frisbees, large float water toys, and tennis balls are not permitted due to safety
- Profanity and inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated
- Please dispose of your trash
Diving Area Rules
- Divers may be asked to perform a swim test prior to using board
- Only divers are allowed in diving area
- No goggles, mask, or floatation devices allowed off boards
- One bounce only
- Only one person is allowed on the board at a time, one person on ladder
- Please jump/dive straight off the board
- No back dives, back flips, inward dives, back jumps, cartwheels, or handstands
- Catching divers off the board is not allowed
- After diving swim to the nearest side/ladder to exit the diving well