Frequently Asked Questions
Water, Sewage and Electric Service
How do I set up utility services?
- You must complete and submit a utility application (found on our Forms page). The application is available at the City of Wamego Office or it can be printed. If the application is printed and completed outside of the City Office it must be notarized.
Can I make a payment online on the City of Wamego website?
- At this time payments can be made by check (mailed or deposited in the dropbox on the north side of City Hall), direct debit, cash or card payments (3% fee).
- The direct debit authorization form can be found on our Forms page.
What will happen if I am late on payment?
- A ten (10) percent penalty is processed at the close of business on the 16th of each month. Disconnection for non-payment of utilities is the 1st Monday of each month, unless otherwise noted.
Who can I contact with questions relating to water, sewage or electric service emergencies?
- Contact the City during business hours. After business hours, please contact the Wamego Police Department at their administrative telephone number: (785) 456-9553.
Contact the City with billing questions and/or to cancel service.